Setting yourself up is a 虚拟 assistant is an exciting step but one which should not be taken without some serious consideration. Below is a series of questions you 需要 to ask yourself and a short list steps you should take to put yourself on the road to success.
2. Do you have the necessary skills and experience? This may sound obvious but in order to succeed as a 虚拟 assistant you really 需要 to have great organisational and time management skills as well as all infallible administration skills. You will also be asked time and again by prospective clients about your previous experience, so it's important to be prepared for this by keeping your CV updated. You must also consider continued learning. As you are no longer an employee, it will be up to you to find the time and finance to further and update your skills as technology progresses.
4. Decide how much money you can invest in your business. You may well already have the basics, but consider that you will 需要 the following as a minimum. a. A reliable, stable pc or laptop - preferably two - with a solid virus protection and back up and recovery system. You will also 需要 the last versions of the software you will be using. b. A printer, scanner and copier and possibly a fax machine. c. A telephone with answering machine facility and one or more incoming telephone lines. d. A desk, chair, filing system, storage etc. e. You will 需要 a headed paper, compliments slips, business cards, etc. f. You will also 需要 a web site of your own to advertise your "virtual"互联网上的业务。如果您还没有一个，www.ukava.couk可以提供一个便宜的设计，让您开始。看到 http://www.ukava.co.uk/html/web_site_design.html
Also consider that as your business grows, or you offer more varied services, you may 需要 additional equipment.
5. Do your research. This is where the Internet will become your best friend. Research the role of the 虚拟 assistant and what support, training and interaction is available. Most current 虚拟 assistants receive frequent emails from would-be 虚拟 assistants asking them for employment but understand now that the vast majority of 虚拟 assistants are one-person businesses and do no outsource work. Appreciate therefore that when it comes to finding clients, no one is going to do it for you.
Make sure you do your research thoroughly and find out what services your competition are offering and what they are charging for them. Where there are testimonials on other 虚拟 assistants web sites, have a look at the type of clients that are using their services, what industries are they in? Are they small businesses or sole proprietors? You could try looking for similar types of clients.
It's at this stage also that you should consider the legal implications of being self-employed. You will 需要 the advice of an accountant with regards to personal taxation, vat and other such issues and you should also consider your legal responsibilities such as data-protection, client confidentiality and insurance, etc. If you have never been self-employed before, you may also wan to enrol in a
6.编写业务计划。不要吟！即使您不需要银行贷款即可上手，因此从技术上讲可能也不是"need" a business plan, it's an essential tool to keep you on track and focussed on how you are running your business. Include in your business plan details of how much money you will invest in your business and in what equipment, the hours you intend to work on customer projects, the hours you intend to work on running your business, how you will market your services, the services you will offer, the types of clients you will be targeting, etc. You will also 需要 to include details of how much you will be charging your clients and your projected income over time. There is a wealth of information on the Internet about how to put a simple business plan together and it will prove invaluable tool in keeping you focussed. Don't forget also that your business plan should remain fluid as your business expands and you begin to achieve the goals it contains so don't forget to keep updating it.
7. Join professional organisations. Join organisations that are committed to the promotion of the role of 虚拟 assistants and that are professional and well run. You can gain credibility from your association with them and they can be an infinite source of information, support and encouragement. The UK Association of Virtual Assistants fulfils such a 需要 and you can also advertise your business in the directory section. The UK Association of Virtual Assistants can be found at www.ukava.co.uk For information on how to sign up to the directory and become a member see: http://www.ukava.co.uk/html/join_the_uk_association_of_vir.html
8. Don't forget to market your business. It sounds obvious but once you're set up, don't forget to market your business. Bare in mind that client jobs will often be one-offs (managing a house move, typing up a dissertation) or a short-term solution (maternity leave, holiday cover, etc.) so while you are working on your clients projects, you must also be marketing your business in order to find new clients. Don't forget your web site, market this on the Internet thorough search engines and submitting it to directories such as the www.ukava.co.uk, don't forget to tell everyone you meet what you do - you'll be surprised how much work comes form someone-who-knows-someone who 需要s some help, ALWAYS carry your business cards and hand them out every time you meet someone new, consider local press advertising or advertising in specialist press. Whatever you find works for you, just keep doing it.
For more information on the role of the 虚拟 assistant, please visit The UK Association of Virtual Assistants at http://www.ukava.co.uk
This 文章 was written by 贾斯汀·柯蒂斯（Justine Curtis）, established 虚拟 assistant and a founding member of The UK Association of Virtual Assistants http://www.ukava.co.uk。您可以自由复制本文，前提是本文完整显示了所有超链接。编辑文字
Basic resources for the things you will 需要 to do in order to start your home business.
Affiliate marketing is a fun way to have a home business. With all kinds of topics and products to work with, yet no 需要 to handle payments, affiliate marketing is perhaps one of the most flexible home businesses. Don't mistake that for easy.